About Paper Round
About Paper Round
Paper Round is now a trading name of the BPR Group. BPR Group started as Paper Round Ltd in 1988 as a small Friends of the Earth project. In January 2010 Paper Round Ltd changed its name to BPR Group Europe Ltd to better reflect the wide range of environmental services that we provide our clients:
We reduce the environmental impact of the waste our clients produce, the energy they consume and the stationery they buy. BPR's services are practical, cost effective and tailored to meet each client's needs. More information on BPR Group is available at www.bprgroup.co.uk.
Paper Round, as part of BPR Group, works with over 5,500 sites, including 35 of the FTSE 350 companies, central and local government. Servicing single sites, multiple sites, 15,000 staff or 20 staff. Our extensive resources and expertise ensure that we are able to meet each client's exact requirements.
Bill holds a degree in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University and has had a varied career in the waste management industry, running a wide variety of Local Authority waste collection and recycling contracts as Contracts Manager and then Regional Manager. He also worked as a Tendering Director, bidding and winning refuse collection, recycling, MRF and waste transfer and disposal contracts. He led teams that won contracts worth £225 million structured variously as joint ventures, Private Finance Initiatives, Public Private Partnerships and Best Value contracts. He holds a number of directorships in the environmental field and maintains active links with several charities in the sector. His expertise is in waste, recycling and fleet management.
Director of BPR Group, Alison read Soil and the Environment at Reading University. Alison has over 12 years of experience of designing and implementing recycling programmes that help her clients recycle better.
Alison has worked with a wide range of organisations such as Transport for London, Arup, British Airways, London Borough of Islington, Ministry of Justice and AMEC Facilities. Her expertise is in waste, recycling, staff engagement and communication programmes.
Easy to use, hassle-free service to suit your office, whether you have 10 staff or 5,000. We can help every step of the way to set up and run your recycling scheme.
We collect your recycling from anywhere in your office. We visit on the day we say we will, keeping your office tidy and you happy.
We maximise the value of your recycling by keeping paper separate from other materials.
We have donated over £125,000 to environmental charities, with over £25,000 in the last year alone.
- We will collect anything from your office that can be practically and legally recycled.
- Everything we collect is recycled, nothing recyclable is thrown away
- We will always try to maximise the environmental value of your waste and provide full transparency of our processes
- High quality allows us to recycle 75% of your waste in the UK (100% in Europe).
Paper Round supports the Campaign for Real Recycling. Recycling is only worthwhile if the material we collect can be made back into something worthwhile. This can only happen if the material is kept clean and usable:
- Office paper mixed with cardboard, plastics and glass can only be recycled back into low grade paper products, normally in China.
- Office paper collected by Paper Round is turned back into copier paper in France.
- Glass collected with paper and plastics is crushed and can only be used as a type of aggregate to make roads and the like. This saves no CO2 and it would be cheaper and better for the environment if you simply threw it away.
- Glass collected by Paper Round is made back into glass bottles in the UK.