Wednesday 21st August 2013
So, each week in the office we have a “green thought” (as you’ll probably know if you’re following our social media channels). It’s just a little tip designed to try and help people lead a greener lifestyle and quite often involves saving money too. This week I thought I’d share some of them with our lovely blog readers and see if you can let us know any of your hints, tips and tricks on keeping green.
Our top 10 Green Thoughts:
- Use the lift less, especially when you’re walking down.
- Reuse your mug to save water.
- Set your default print settings to be double sided and black and white.
- Put a bucket in the sink to catch water when you’re washing fruit and vedge so you can use it on the plants.
- Make sure air conditioning/heating is turned off overnight when you’re not in the office.
- Use scrap paper in the printer.
- Use a reusable coffee cup instead of getting the un-recyclable takeaway ones from the coffee shops.
- Reuse carrier bags.
- Turn lights off when you’re not in the room.
- Reuse tubs and take away containers.