Hazardous Waste Recycling
Tuesday 24th May 2016
Paper Round offers recycling collections for all manner of materials, and those classed as hazardous waste are no exception. If you're in need of a hazardous waste collection, give our helpdesk team a call on 020 7407 9100 and they'll be happy to help.
Why are some materials classed as hazardous?
Certain substances or materials are classed as hazardous if they, or the material or substance they contain, are harmful to humans or the environment.
What does that mean for you?
If you have any items that are classified as hazardous waste, you are required by law to separate and store them safely and keep written records of the waste.
How it works
When dealing with hazardous waste, you will need to fill out a hazardous waste consignment note. You’ll need to keep one copy, and we will keep another two. Hazardous waste consignment notes need to be kept for 3 years where the waste has been produced or stored.
Other than the hazardous waste consignment notes, collections of hazardous waste are exactly the same as any other service we offer. All materials are dealt with in the most environmentally friendly way available.
If you're in need of a hazardous waste collection, give our helpdesk team a call on 020 7407 9100 and they'll be happy to help.
What counts as hazardous waste?
- Chemicals like brake fluid or print toner
- Batteries e.g. laptop, rechargeable, lead and batteries containing mercury
- Solvents e.g. paint, cleaning fluids and pharmaceuticals
- Oils (except edible ones) e.g. car oil
- Equipment containing ozone depleting substances e.g. fridges, air conditioners and fire extinguishers
- Hazardous waste containers