Throwaway Culture Unwrapped Giveaway
Wednesday 14th March 2018
For the finale of our #ThrowawayCultureUnwrapped campaign we’ll be rewarding the ultimate zero waste champ with a luxury hamper bursting with goodies. With these luxury tools at your disposal, you’ll be able to turn any plastic-bottle-buying-being into a waste-free-wonder.
The hamper will include: a rucksack made from PET recycled bottles, ‘naked’ shower gel, a re-usable coffee cup, metal straws, re-usable sandwich wrap, loose tea leaves and a strainer, a re-usable water bottle and finally a voucher for some delicious and sustainable cocktails at zero waste bar Nine Lives.
How can you take part?
To be in with a chance of winning this hamper, all you need to do is tweet us a picture showing your greatest efforts to combat our throwaway culture, tagging @PaperRound and using the hashtag #ThrowawayCultureUnwrapped by Thursday 29th March. The winner will be announced just after Easter.
To help you out, here are some of our top tips for your photo
- Are you a keen up-cycler, have you transformed a throwaway item into something new?
- Have you persuaded your office to reduce its waste by going tea bag free, or switching to refillable glass milk bottles?
- Are you religious about using a reusable shopping bag or coffee cup?
- Is your office recycling scheme probably the best recycling scheme in the South East?
- Has your business decided to join the war on straws?
- Have you changed the way you buy your food, buying packaging-free produce where you can?
Here’s a picture of our own zero waste champs on the Paper Round Helpdesk team.
Whatever it is you are doing to reduce your waste we want to hear about it, so get involved!