IT Asset Disposal
Our IT Asset Disposal (ITAD) service makes recycling waste IT and Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) easy. We use Blancco, the best data erasure software, to provide an absolute line of defence against harmful security leaks. The Blancco software also ensures complete compliance with all legal data privacy regulations.
- All your data-bearing equipment is wiped as standard
- Equipment is wiped using the best software - Blancco – CESG approved
- Your collections are securely tracked
- Certificates of Destruction are provided once data is wiped
- Your equipment is reused after wiping wherever possible
- A donation is made on your behalf to a literacy charity, Springboard for Children
How do we collect?
- Ideal for clearing out your old IT and electrical equipment
- Holds the equivalent of 10 laptops
- Once full, can be collected along with your other recycling from inside your workplace
IT roll cage
- For larger quantities of IT and electrical equipment
- We drop the cage off and collect it along with your other recycling, at a time that suits you
- On wheels, so useful for bulking up equipment that is stored in various locations
- We can collect loose items of IT and electronic equipment
- Collected along with your other recycling or as a one-off clearance
- You will be asked for an inventory of items and we will provide you with a quote
- Mice, keyboards and cables are collected for FREE
What happens to your it asset disposal?
Blancco Specialist Data Destruction
Organisations must be proactive in preventing leaks of sensitive corporate and customer data.
By using Blancco our ITAD department are equipped to completely protect your data and we can guarantee 100% compliance with stringent ISO regulatory standards. Whatever the IT asset may be, your business and your customers are 100% safe once we collect it and the data is erased.
Download Blanccos specialist Data Recovery Study (PDF, 1.2MB)
The Data Protection Act
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives legal rights to individuals in respect of personal data processed about them by others. There are eight principles within the DPA, the seventh of which states that a data controller must take appropriate security measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss, destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
Your business data must be kept safe and secure, even when it leaves your office as waste. Secure Paper’s IT Asset Disposal service ensures that your legal responsibilities with regards to data protection are met, by wiping data from your data-bearing equipment using Tabernus software which meets the UK Government’s IT security standard, CESG.
The WEEE Directive
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive was transposed into UK law from a European Community Directive in 2006. The Directive stipulates that collection, recycling and recovery rates of electrical goods should be at 4kg per capita, so the UK regulations place legal obligations on householders and businesses to prevent WEEE being disposed of in the general waste stream. For businesses, a licensed waste carrier must be contracted to collect and either recycle or recover the WEEE, and it must not be placed into the general waste stream. 100% of the WEEE Secure Paper collects is recovered, and we prioritise reuse over recycling in accordance with the waste hierarchy.
Charity IT service partnership
Secure Paper is proud to be working with UK literacy charity, Springboard. 1 in every 5 children in the UK is leaving primary school without reaching the expected reading levels. This means that approximately 1.62 million children in English schools can’t access the school curriculum because they aren’t reading well enough. For every 10 working PCs or laptops we receive, we donate the value of one tutoring session for a child at risk of illiteracy.